Young journalists from Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine and Russia are invited to apply for the seminar in Berlin which will take place from the 1st to the 9th of November 2014 and is organized by taz Panter Stiftung
“Objectivity”, “truth” – big words, nice words, frequently used words: but what is their value?
Journalists can have great power, influence – this can also be miss-used; by the journalists themselves or by power-structures that might miss-use the journalists. The potential for miss-use still grows in times of conflict; as we have them right now in Eastern Europe. In this seminar we want to look into these questions. We realize perfectly well, that the seminar will not be able to give final answers; rather we believe, that the discussions within the seminar will help to raise awareness for the questions at hand. Also the different backgrounds of the participants themselves will deliver ample subjects for discussions within the group. While in Berlin, during the seminar, the participants are expected to complete an article covering a topic within the general field of this seminar.
“Separatists” ? “Terrorists” ? “Fascists” ?
Journalism and the “TRUTH” in times of conflict
The trip to Berlin takes place individually or in groups from the respective countries.
- The type of transportation (plane, train, bus) is agreed between participants and organizers.
- Accommodation in Berlin will be in 2-bed-rooms.
- The seminar covers the costs for the arrival and departure, travel in Berlin, bed and breakfast, and most meals.
- Participants should expect expenses for the other meals of not more than 50 Euros.
Requirements for participation:
Working as a journalist in newspaper, agency or online. Good knowledge of the Russian language – knowledge of English and/or German is an asset.
Interested applicants please send their documents (in Russian, English or German language):
- a current resume (including their knowledge of languages)
- a letter of motivation for participation in the seminar not longer than one page (including mail addresses of two reference persons from the field of journalism).
Please let us know if you have a valid visa for the relevant period. This is for organizational purposes only and is not relevant for the success of the application.Please send only these two documents; either in word or pdf. Please name the files as follows: (lastName.CV… ; lastName.motivation…)
Applications not later than 30.09.2014 to: (also any questions) firstname.lastname@example.org
taz-Panterstiftung, Barbara Oertel (taz), Peter Liesegang (offrabbit-transitions)