European Youth Event 2014 (EYE) is organised by the European Parliament at the European Parliament's seat in Strasbourg from 9th to 11th May 2014. The EYE focuses on young people from the EU Member States, candidate states and neighbourhood countries aged between 16 and 30 years.
The programme of the EYE includes political debates and workshops with European political decision-makers and high-profile speakers from both the business and the civil society, but cultural and sports activities are organised, too.
This event gives the opportunity to young Europeans to exchange perspectives and ideas in order to develop new solutions to the questions regarding the future of Europe. Furthermore, the event encourages the ongoing debate on the future of European policy issues in the run-up to the European elections and gives the young Europeans a platform to present their ideas on Europe to European political decision-makers for the new legislative period 2014-2019. The ideas and conclusions will be presented to the newly-elected Members of the European Parliament.
The event will focus on five topics on the future of young Europeans:
- Youth Unemployment: New perspectives for a blocked generation
- Digital Revolution: The future of the internet
- Future of the European Union: Europe in transition
- Sustainability: New European Lifestyle - Sustainable business and living
- European Values: Global Player - Fair Player?
There are three ways to participate actively in the event:
- Participate in the debates, workshops and other activities during the three days of the EYE.
- Apply to stage an artistic performance
- Apply to present a special initiative that is related to the five main topics of the EYE.
Registration for the EYE is only open for groups, with a minimum of ten persons. The registration already begun on 8 October 2013 through the official website.
Every group needs to have a group leader, who is responsible for the registration process, logistics and accommodation and he/she must be 18 years or older. Groups can register for the whole event of three days or for individual days. The registration process consists of two phases. First phase, the group leaders will register for the event online. The registration form can be found on this website. In the second phase, individual participants in a group will be signed up for programme activities.