A women multiplies the impact of an investment made in her future by extending benefits to the world around her, creating a better life for her family and building a strong community. Gender inequality is a major barrier to human development.
Did you know that:
- 99% of maternal deaths each year occur in developing world.
- 1 in 5 girls in developing countries who enroll in school never finish.
- 1 in 7 girls will marry before they are 15 in the developing world.
- Women make up 52% of the global total of people living with HIV
- Women make up 43% of the agriculture labor force.
Share with us your experience in your own country.