G20 countries represent the 20 top global economic powers (including the European Union).
How is women's life in these countries?
A dedicated list of these countries releases facts about gender inequality, sexual harassment, under-representation in workforce, teenage mothers and gender pay gap.
19. India - 44.5% of girls married before 18
18. Saudi Arabia - women not allowed to drive
17. Indonesia - 90% of women claim to have suffered sexual harassment in the workplace
16. South Africa - 66,196 sexual offences reported in 2010 - 2011
15. Mexico - 1/4 women suffer sexual abuse by partner
14. China - 1/4 women think it's justifiable for a man to beat wife
13. Russia - 57750 women trafficked from Russia every year
12. Turkey - 3.8 million Turkish women are illiterate
11. Brazil - 250,000 children estimated to be involved in prostitution
10. South Korea - 6/10 people said men have more right to work when jobs are scarce
9. Argentina - Up to 500,000 estimated clandestine abortions per year
8. Italy - 3 times more hours spent by women on housework than men
7. Japan - 28.3% gender pay gap for full-time workers
8. United States - 22.9 million women do not have health insurance
5. France - 22% of board members of largest publicly traded companies are female
4. Australia - 5 female CEOs out of top 200 companies
3. United Kingdom - 22.3% of judges are women
2. Germany - 21.6% gender pay gap for full-time workers
1. Canada - 3/4 women aged 15-49 use contraception
How can we manage the gender pay gap?
What should we do to promote women's rights?
What is the situation in your country?