What role do the youth and civil societies play in easing tensions between nation-states? How does media affect our perception of other countries? How do young people feel and what do they think on the other side of the conflict? These and many other questions are raised in our three-year youth project "by youth" –– trilateral youth forum „Germany, Russia, Ukraine: A Common Future?”
Its 2nd edition is taking place this December in Moscow. If you want to participate in mutually respectful discussions with experts to discover new ways of strengthening the ties between our societies. If you are keen on meeting active like-minded students and young professionals from Germany, Russia and Ukraine to create common youth and social projects, experience this unique cultural opportunity! Apply for the II TYF and join our multinational young community in our search for a better common future.
Learn more about our concept and values here .
When? 29th of November – 5th of December, 2015; 5 program days, excluding arrival (29/11) and departure (05/12) days.
Where? Moscow, Russia
Who? 10 active and motivated 18-26 year old people from each of the three respective countries, who are interested in contributing into a sustainable development of the trilateral relations. Young future leaders and specialists in the field of media, politics, economics, education, security and civil society.
Why? The main goal of the Forum is to reinforce the civil society aspect of German-Russian-Ukrainian Trialogue at the youth level.
The working language is English. The knowledge of German, Russian and Ukrainian is an advantage.
Topics of the Forum:
- role of the youth in the civil society of Germany, Russia and Ukraine;
- economic relations and business;
- the countries’ security issues in the common European security architecture;
- understanding of common culture and space;
- the role of mass media in shaping public consciousness.
- Guided excursions to historical places of Moscow and reflections on joint historical issues;
- Moderated workshops on forum topics with experts and participants’ presentations;
- Open space workshops for participants to raise independently important issues for joint discussions;
- Sessions with politicians, journalists, and representatives of NGOs and business;
- Public panel discussion about the future of the trilateral relations;
- Market of possibilities for project partners, foundations, youth organizations and a participant projects’ fair;
- Creation of the final video to reflect overall results of working groups and the forum
- ‘Evening of Cultures’ where the participants can present their cultures from the perspective of young generation.
You can find a preliminary program here .
Participants will be asked to prepare short presentations about their research on one of the forum topics (during the workshops) and get the chance to present their own project ideas about the development of the trilateral relations;
- Application form is to be filled out online
- Essay on one of topics of the forum (up to 3000 characters including space; please use the application form)
- Age: 18-26 years
What is covered?
Organizers cover accommodation and meals for the Forum days and provide visa assistance.
Travel costs can be partly reimbursed:
German participants: up to 200 Euro
Ukrainian participants: up to 130 Euro
Russian participants: up to 100 Euro
* Participation fee of 50 Euro might be necessary. You will be informed in due time.
Submission Deadline for Applications: 9th of October 2015, 23.59 CET
All applicants will be notified via email on 19th of October and should be prepared to submit all of the requested documents and other relevant information for a visa in time.
Please take into account our FAQ. If there are still questions, feel free to e-mail us!
E-mail | email@example.com
Website | drjug.org
Find us on:
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/germany.russia.ukraine
Instagram | TYF_GERMANY_RUSSIA_UKRAINE
Twitter | @TYF_GER_RUS_UKR
Vkontakte | https://vk.com/gruforum
Trilateral Youth Forum “Germany, Russia, Ukraine: common future?” is supported by:
Think better future! Participate, be active and don’t be indifferent! Suggest your ideas for the reinforcement of the youth cooperation between Germany, Russia and Ukraine!
Forum is financially supported and under the patronage of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Germany.