Natale, Weihnachten, Noel, Natal, Navidad, Koleda, Jul, Kerstmis, Vanoce, Craciun... Whatever you call it, Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year! While the Christmas tree seems to be omnipresent at Christmas, Europe has an incredible richness of customs and traditions that add to the magic of Christmas. In this special OneEurope feature, our friends from across Europe share some of their dazzling Christmas snaps! Enjoy!
1. Piazza del Popolo, Ascoli Piceno, Italy, by Santino Santinelli
2. Christmas party in London, by Ivan Botoucharov
3. Christmas market in Prague, by Virag Gulyas
4. An international Christmas: Bulgarian, Portuguese & Ukrainian dinner in France, by Yana Noteva5. Delicious Christmas treats from Westerstede, Germany, by Cherian Grundmann
6. Sunny Christmas Day in Istanbul, by Emre Yilaz7. Christmas lights in London, by Diana Nit
8. Christmas tree in Tirana, by Erisa Kreshpa
9. Swedish winter wonderland, by Mathias Darmell
10. Christmas cake (cozonac), Romania, by Bori Pentek
11. Cosy Christmas in France, by Robin Alves
12. Stylish Christmas dinner table, London, by Ivan Botoucharov
13. Christmas market in Dresden, by Virag Gulyas
14. Italian nativity scene (Presepe) built on the Devil's Bridge under Forte Malatesta, by Santino Santinelli
15. Stunning Christmas decorations at Galeries Lafayette, Paris, by Benjamin Igras
16. Mulled wine, London, by Ivan Botoucharov
17. Fabulous Champs Elysees, by Benjamin Igras
18. A Romanian Christmas favourite (sarmale), by Sorina Anastasiu
19. Sparkling lights on Bond Street, London, by Diana Nit
20. Magical carousel in Frankfurt am Main, by Andreea Anastasiu
Happy Christmas, Europe!
Many thanks to all of those who contributed with photos to this post!